Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"My Dad's Job" purchased by Nickelodeon






















I've been having a run of good luck with film rights in the last little while. The latest news is that Nickelodeon Films has purchased the rights to My Dad's Job, a picture book written by ace New York City bookseller Peter Glassman for which I did the illustrations. Nickelodeon optioned it at the time it was published in 2003 and for some reason decided to seal the deal this fall.

Here's one of the interiors. You might want to click on it to get the bigger version:

3 comments:

Brian Floca said...

But will Brooke Shields star? Regardless, this is great news. Congratulations!

tim b said...

Thanks! Maybe I need to send her a copy now that we're big TV friends and all...

Lauren Castillo said...

Hi Tim,
I just found your blog via Brian Floca's -- love your work! And congratulations on this fantastic news!